PRECAUTIONS WHEN TAKING ALOE VERA JUICE INTERNALLY
- Although the Gentle Healers Aloe Vera Juice only contains safe levels of Aloin (the latex part of the Aloe Vera which causes diarrhea), some people are more sensitive than others. If ingestion causes diarrhea or cramping, then reduce the amount you ingest, increasing use slowly over several days until the desired amount is tolerated.
- If you are using oral corticosteroids, such as beclomethasone, methylprednisolone, or prednisone, it is important not to overuse or misuse Aloe Vera juice. A potassium deficiency can develop, and you may experience toxic effects from the medication.
- Stop taking the juice two weeks before any surgery, including dental surgery as Aloe Vera is a natural blood thinner and anticoagulant.
- Stop taking Aloe Vera Juice two weeks before surgery as Aloe Vera Juice taken internally, thins the blood.
- Do not use in conjunction with blood thinning medication as Aloe Vera Juice taken internally thins the blood.